- It must made out af free or cheap materials.
- It must be based to a certain degree on recycled stuff. Dont buy! See what you’ve got on the shelves, what you find, trade, exchange, is given. (And again – I know it’s not possible to completely avoid buying. But keep it simple!
- The result must be easy to carry/ leightweight. (Keeps shipping costs at a minimum.
- Your piece must be flexible/ adjustable (in order to fit various kinds of exhibition spaces and environments.
- Of course it must be somehow inviting – and radite a kind of athmosphere so visitors will feel compelled to come closer – preferably even interact somehow – with you/ your work.
- It must be full of aetheric energy – so visitors will (hopefully) go on inspired and uplifted.
- It must adress or question existential matters – in order to have any meaning and right to exist …
Is that too much (or too little) to ask?
Photo: Happily stitching my “shelter” of handkerchieves, sheets and laces accompagnied by my favorite youngest daughter reading aloud from Pacal Mercier’s Night Train to Lisbon.