My workshops and courses all have an emphasis on issues as simple solutions, sustainability and spirituality. Sessions explore relationships between art, craft, the individual and the environment.
I run courses from my atelier in Aarhus N. Taught in small groups, these sessions provide lots of opportunity for questions, creative conversations and a playful exchange during the day.
All courses are more or less based on drawing, painting and the concepts of mixed media. An introduction to basic principles, techniques, tools and materials invites you to create simple and unique images, boards, collages, journals, books and book objects (or whatever is the subject at the actual workshop). Introductions to some of my favorite artists in the area usually follows. Individual supervision.
For beginners as well as professional artists. Please contact me for further details.
UPCOMING WORKSHOPS & COURSES:
TAKING A LINE FOR A WALK. Based on Paul Klee’s pictorial thinking we’ll play with script, sign and line in the artistic process. Writing transfers not only content but is also form. Its structure, horizontally or vertically placed lines, as well as its letters, correspond to certain norms. At the same time writing is determined by the individual, spontaneous gesture of the author or artist. It unites concept and spontaneity and is therefore interesting with regard to the artistic process. We’ll also examine and play with handwriting as a pictorial element. Saturday 31. January 2015.
MANDALA. Investigations and drawings of the FLOWER OF LIFE and other universal, archetypical, spiritual and geometrical figures. WEEKEND 14.-15. February 2015.
THE ARTIST’S WAY *). 12 weeks self-development where you work with your self-knowledge, your talent and your own unique creativity. Inspired by Julia Cameron’s book with the same title. NB. During the 12-weeks course we meet and work together for 3 WEEKENDS: 28/2-1/3, 25-26/4, and 23-24/5 2015.
ARTISTS’ BOOKS. Create your own notebooks, books. journals. Simple structures and bindings but lot of fun! Saturday 28. March 2015.
COLLAGE, ILLUSTRATIONS & VISUAL LOGBOOKS. WEEKEND 13.-14. June 2015
- WHERE: At my studio in Aarhus, Dk.
- WHEN: 10.00 – 16.00
- MATERIAL: I provide all the basic material: paper, paint, glue, tape, string, stamps, scraps, etc – but please, feel free to bring also a little of your own favorite stuff – it makes everything so much more interesting! The lunch included is freshly and home made breads, salats etc. All vegetarian & ecological.
- PRICE: One weekend: 1200 dkr. One day: 750 dkr. (All prices are incl. basic materials, coffe/tea + lunch)
- The Artists’ Way = 3x weekend = 3000dkr.
- CONTACT: hannematthiesen[@]gmail.com (+45) 21471871.
- OBS. You also find me at Facebook – with a description of the courses in danish ;-)
Looking forward to see you!
NB. Undervisningen foregår på dansk, interskandinavisk eller engelsk – efter behov