My workshops and courses all have an emphasis on issues as simple solutions, sustainability and spirituality. Sessions explore relationships between art, craft, the individual and the environment.
I usually run my courses from my atelier in Aarhus – but with occasionally ‘detours’ to other locations. Taught in small groups, these sessions provide lots of opportunity for questions, creative conversations and a playful exchange during the day – with me as well as fellow students.
UPCOMING WORKSHOPS & COURSES:
COLLAGE, ILLUSTRATIONS & VISUAL LOGBOOKS at my studio 13.-14/6 2015.
A weekend with focus on illustration and visual narratives. By exposing coursists to a varity of mixed media principles, techniques, tools and materials you’ll be invited to play along and create simple and unique images, boards, collages, journal pages.
- WHERE: At my studio in Aarhus, Dk.
- WHEN: Both days 10.00 – 16.00
- PRICE: 1200 dkr. incl. coffe/tea + lunch (= homemade bread, salats etc. All vegetarian & ecological).
- MATERIAL: I provide most basic material such as paper, paint, glue, tape, string, stamps, scraps, etc, but please, also feel free to bring some of your own favorite stuff.
ARTISTS’ TRAVELL to ISTANBUL 24.09 – 1.10.2015.
An 8-days creative quest to Istanbul where we stay at a super cozy, family-run hotel in the central and charming old town Sultanahmet – right next to all the great sites Hagia Sofia, the Blue Mosque, the Grand Bazaar, the Spice Bazaar, Topkapi, Bosphorus, etc. We’ll enjoy daily inspirational outings as well as creatively working at the lovely rooftop terrace at our homebase.
I have designed this ‘artistic infusion’ by carefully choosing the best places for soaking inspiration, where I’ll expose the group to a palette of beautiful colors, materials, patterns, stories and sensuous impressions of art, culture and daily life of this facinating city – as it has evolved through the centuries.
Bring a light daypack for your sketch pad and drawing gear. We’ll visit palaces, parks, markets, museums and squares to do sketches and collect impressions and stuff for our further work. Bring your favorite medium. Watercolor, oil and pastels are good basic materials. If you want to work with collage and artists’ books also bring stuff like needles, thread, craft knife, glue and brushes. I’ll guide you whether you prefer to express your creativity by painting and/ or creating a personal, visual journey diary or artists’ book. (NB. Also remember camera!)
Price: 8.980 dkr. includes:
- Flight Copenhagen-Istanbul return
- Airport taxes and fees
- Course program as described above
- Transfer from Istanbul airport to / from Hotel
- 7 nights at Hotel Yunus Emre, Istanbul in double room
- Breakfast day 2-8
- Fee for Rejsegarantifonden
- Product liability (It is a complete package, ie the journey covered by the Package Tours Act and the travel guarantee fund)
For further information you can contact me here.
Looking forward to see you! ;-)
NB. Undervisning foregår på dansk, interskandinavisk eller engelsk – efter behov.